Movies not only delight us on a gloomy Friday night, but they also teach us many things. Among other lessons,thecharacters can teach us the actual meaning of love through their experiences and trials. Existential questions come arise such as, what is love? How does it feel to be in love? How do we know when we’re in love? Most important, movies may assist educate us how to work through this beautiful emotion and be happy. Take a look below at the top 25 inspiring movie quotes that teach you a little something about love.
1. Love takes a lot of work to get through the hard times.
“So it’s not gonna be easy. It’s going be incredibly hard. We’re going have to work at this every day, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, you and me, every day…” – Noah Calhoun,The Notebook
2. Great loves don’t always last forever, so love like there’s no tomorrow.
“Summer romances begin for all kinds of reasons, but when everything is said and done, they have one thing in common. They’re shooting stars, a breathtaking moment of light in the heavens, transient glimpse of eternity, and in a second they’re gone.” The Notebook: Noah Calhoun, Noah Calhoun
3. Love makes you appreciate things about a person that you might not normally like.
“I despise the way you talk to me, and the way you cut your hair. I dislike the way you drive my car. I detest it when you gaze. I despise your enormous dumb combat boots, and the way you read my mind. I detest you so much it makes me sick; it even makes me rhyme. I detest it, I hate the way you’re always right. I despise it when you lie. I detest it when you make me laugh, even worse when you make me cry. I detest it when you’re not around, and the fact that you didn’t call. But ultimately I detest the way I don’t hate you. Not even close, not even a little bit, not even at all.” — Kat Stratford,10 Things I Hate About You
4. You don’t have to be the smartest person in the world to know what love is.
“I’m not a smart guy… However, I am familiar with the concept of love. — Forrest Gump,Forrest Gump
5. Love can be the most random person, in the most random place: embrace it.
It is a pleasure to introduce myself as Dug. Just meeting you, I fell in love with you instantly. – Dug, what’s up? Up
6. When you love, you love through the good and the bad times.
When I was enraged by her, “I’ve always loved her.” Love, Crazy, Stupid, Cal Weaver
7. Love is as much an intellectual attraction as it is a physical one.
“I’m sure you already know this, but I’ve fallen head over heels in love with you in the last month.” You’re a goddess with that face and that hair, so it was inevitable that this would happen. “But even if you had a terrible face, and even if you had no hair due to a strange medical condition, I’d still love you,” he said. It’s about time, Tim,
8. The love we receive comes from the standards we set for ourselves.
“We accept the affection we believe we are entitled to,” says the narrator. It’s a good thing to be a wallflower, Charlie points out.
9. Being in love has the power to bring out what’s best in us.
“You inspire me to be a better person.” Melvin Udall, “As Good as It Gets” – Melvin Udall
10. A person needs to be able to love themselves in order to feel love for someone else.
Mr. Burns, love is not an emotion. “It’s a talent.” • Dan in Real Life with Marty Barasco
11. Love is the answer to all existential questions, since it helps you find yourself through another being.
Only four inquiries are of significance in life, Don Octavio. Is there anything sacred in this world? What material does the soul consist of? Who or what should we live for and who or what should we die for? “Love is the sole answer to all of these questions.” Don Juan,Don Juan DeMarco,Don Juan
12. Love will make you want to do anything to make your beloved happy.
“Mary, what are you after?” What do you need? Is that what you want? Just utter the word and I’ll grab a lasso and bring it down for you. Hey. That’s a good idea, in my opinion. The moon will be yours, Mary. This is a quote by George Bailey: It’s a Magnificent Universe
You can feel safe and secure in the eyes of the person you love because you know they’ll always be there for you.
13. Love is finding security, happiness and hope in the eyes of the person you love.
In the event that you can make a promise to me, promise me that if you’re upset, unsure, or lose entire faith, you’ll strive to look at yourself via my eyes.” – Gerry, thank you for your kind words. P.S. I’d like to take this opportunity to tell you how much I care
14. It’s not always a smooth ride. But it’s worth it in the end, as long as you’re with the one you love.
“I can assure you that there will be difficult times. I can promise that one or both of us will want to leave at some point. On the other hand, I can promise… that if I don’t ask you to be mine, I’ll live with the guilt of my failure. You’re the only one for me since I know in my heart that you are.” Maggie Carpenter, Runaway Bride –
15. There is no set image to what love looks like, since it comes in all shapes and sizes.
Fiona: That’s correct. Then then, I don’t get it. It’s expected of me that I’m attractive.
“Shrek: But I must say, you are lovely.”
16. Love makes the simplest thing you do absolutely magical.
When you add up all of the little things, you realize we were destined to be together… and I was well aware of this. When I first laid my hands on her, I was certain of it. It felt like coming home, yet it wasn’t home at all… I was just helping her out of a car when I realized what was going on. As if by some sort of sorcery. This is an excerpt from Sam Baldwin’s book “Sleepless in Seattle.” –
17. You can’t put a name to the feeling once you experience it, but you know, with certainty, that you are in love.
Once in a lifetime, this level of confidence can be achieved. TheBridges of Madison County, by Robert Kincaid
18. Love is strong enough to continue beyond loss, hatred, or the grave.
The only way to keep our loved ones alive after they are taken away from us is to never stop loving them.” People die and buildings are destroyed, but true love is everlasting.” – TheCrow Sarah
19. You don’t have to be extremely rich or famous to experience the beauty of this feeling.
Nothing extraordinary about me; I’m just a typical guy with typical thoughts and a typical existence.” There are no memorials to my memory, and my name will soon fade from the public consciousness. When it comes to love, I’ve always been content: “I’ve loved somebody with all of my heart and soul, and to me this has always been enough,” In the Notebook, Noah Calhoun
20. It isn’t made to be practical or logical, it’s made to be spontaneous, regardless of the consequences.
Your galvanized friend wants a heart. That’s all I can tell you.” How fortunate are you not to have one? Until hearts can be made impenetrable, they will never be practical.” As in: – Wizard of Oz, as in:
21. Use more of your heart to love the ones around you.
What about the claim that we only utilize 10% of our brains?” Only 10% of our hearts are used, I believe. The Bridegroom Crashers’ John Beckwith
22. Sometimes you have to sacrifice yourself for the ones you love.
“There are some people who are worth melting for.”
The character of Olaf from the animated film Frozen
23. Love isn’t always safe a journey, but it’s strong enough to secure a safe landing.
“It’s just what people do. They leap and pray to the gods that they’ll be able to soar. Because if we don’t jump, we’d fall like a rock and wonder, “Why in the world did I do this?” Sarah, I’m falling, too, here we are. And there’s just one person who makes me feel like I’m able to soar to new heights: “It’s you.” A.K.A. Alex Hitch for short,
24. When you’re in love, it’s like you’re given a new chance at life.
You want to begin the rest of your life with a person as soon as possible when you know you’ll be with them for the rest of your life. when harry first met sally – harry burns
For those times when you feel alone, remember that love is always there to lift your spirits.
With you, I don’t feel as isolated as I do when I’m alone. –Hercules