Later this year, the film Miss Fisher and the Crypt of Tears will be released to select cinemas on Acorn TV in the U.S. However, if you’ve watched Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries so many times that you can quote the first seasons and you’re in need of a smart, independent 1920s lady doing her own thing, maybe with a mystery or two, this might tide you over…
- 10 Best Anime Like Terra Formars That You Should Watching Update 11/2023
- 10 Best Martial Arts Movies On Netflix That You Should Watching Update 11/2023
- 14 Best Movies About Babies That You Should Watching Update 11/2023
- 10 Blonde Anime Characters Female That You Should Watching Update 11/2023
- 10 Best Scary Movies Of The Decade That You Should Watching Update 11/2023
1. The Mrs. Bradley Mysteries (1999-2000)
Adela Bradley, played by Diana Rigg, is definitely Phryne Fisher’s mother in elegance, sexual liberation, and investigative work. If you haven’t seen them yet, they’re available on Amazon Prime. Those hats she wears are to die for!
2. Cable Girls aka Las Chicas del Cable (2017-)
The four major protagonists are complex, realistic women who are testing their newfound independence in 1920s Spain in a soap opera-like manner. And there’s more to come! Their stories range from erotic to heartfelt to criminal.
3. The Cat’s Meow (2001)
When William Randolph Hearst was murdered on his boat in 1924, this picture was inspired by the real-life incident. It’s darker and less female-centric than the other films on this list, but the costumes are still stunning.
4. Frankie Drake Mysteries (2018-)
This new-ish series follows Toronto’s lone female private investigator and her colleague Trudy as they take on the crimes that the police aren’t interested in investigating. This sounds familiar? The costumes sometimes be a little shoddy, but so did Miss Fisher’s when the series began. In the United States, the Ovation Network will air the show on June 15!
5. Tommy & Tuppence: Partners in Crime (1983-1984)
The Secret Adversary, a television movie, introduces the characters Tommy Beresford and Tuppence Cowley, who eventually get married (1983). This mystery-solving duo is on the road in a 10-episode Amazon series. To top it all off, Tuppence is always dressed to impress! Despite the fact that there is a 2015 version set in the 1950s, the outfits aren’t quite as spectacular.
Acorn TV will also feature Ms. Fisher’s Modern Murder Mysteries on April 29th. She becomes a detective in her search for her long-lost aunt, Phryne’s niece in the 1960s. Australian frock flickers, please tell us what you think of the show!